Monday, February 15, 2010

Wedding Plans!!!

I still can't even believe David and I are engaged. It is still so surreal and I constantly look at the beautiful diamond ring on my left hand and am reminded what an amazing, romantic, caring, and Godly man I am marrying.

What an exciting part of our adventure :)

I have been asked countless times how the wedding planning is going so I thought I would use our blog to document our journey leading up to "The Big Day," that way, everyone will know and can be updated together. :) Plus, blogging is so much better than doing homework. hee hee.


As we have mentioned before, Thursday nights are our date nights. This past Thursday I got done with a staff dinner (I never eat because usually David and I will make dinner together) and ran outside to my awaiting fiancé and jumped into the car.

This date night our plan was to get an Abby's pizza (with a $20 bill I found lingering in my wallet), watch the movie Bewitched and PLAN OUR WEDDING!! :) We were both so excited that throughout the day we were constantly texting each other "I can't wait for tonight." Haha.

Anyway, David told me that we needed to run up to my room and then run and grab the pizza. Little did I know David had already got the pizza.

Hanging on my door was a sign he made that read, "Happy Date Night Tulip! Love, David :) <3">

Anyway, we spent the night eating, laughing, sleeping (at one point David fell asleep while waiting for me, haha), and planning. It was so fun!!

Basically what he have figured out so far is...

  • Our main color
  • The wedding party (well, David has figured out his side. I have to finish deciding who I want on my side haha)
  • A possible venue
  • Our food (possibly)
  • Our date
The reason we have not come up with a date yet is because we have not had the opportunity to talk with my parents about it. We have a ton of weddings this summer but it is so hard to wait to be married. All we want to is spend our time together, and I must say, I HATE saying goodnight and watching him drive away.

But for now, that is how it is.

Wednesday night we are meeting at my parents house and will continue planning. It is a little difficult when we don't know if we will be getting married this summer or next.

But until then, we will still be planning and I will still be stealing glances at my left hand when I think no one is looking...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment