Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tears of Joy

It is amazing to me that time has passed so quickly. We are 38 days away from getting married and I love every single moment of it.

We have had the opportunity to get a lot of the planning done (praise the Lord) but we still have quite a ways to go. I am so thankful that David has been willing to help me, and I am definitely blessed to have a fiancé who is willing to assist in wedding stuff. :)

Tonight our task was to officialize the music for the ceremony: pre-, post- and during. We had been looking up songs for a while and we came across one. I kept telling him to picture me walking down the aisle, and him and I dancing, or him and I leaving as "Mr. and Mrs. David Green."

Amazing.

We stumbled upon a song and we both stopped. We looked at each other and he began verbally visualizing me walking down the aisle.

"Your dad will grab your hand." David grabbed my hand.

"And everyone will be standing and staring at you."

"The only noise will be the music and the sound of people standing up."

...As we stared at each other David noticed that I could no longer hide my tears.

"You're getting emotional." A short pause. "I am too."

And there we were, tears of joy welling up in our eyes, as we sat listening to this song and envisioning our wedding day.

It was amazing.
Romantic.
and intimate.

I think what excites me the most about walking down the aisle is that everyone in the room will be looking at me, and the only person I will be looking at is David.

It's going to be so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment