Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy 5 Months

It started with a smile.

So many of our posts begin this way, or at least have this phrase intertwined throughout the message. I can speak for both David and I and say that smiles have become a huge factor in our relationship.

David posted the first part of our story today as an anniversary gift to me. In it, he explains how he fell in love with, and memorized my smile. Which I have to say is completely true. He did in fact describe my smile just two days after we “met.”

I love David’s smile. Oh my word, I love his smile. He has often told me that he used to not know how to smile, or at least didn’t like to. Quoting his previous post he wrote, “I would even go as far to say that I had never even seen a true smile from myself. I realize now that it was for an amazing curly-haired reason.”

I think that is part of the reason that him and I go out of our way to be romantic or funny towards one another. We live to see each other smile. I can honestly say I would do anything to see/make him smile. His smile gives me butterflies…every time.

David made me smile tonight.

As we have stated, today marks the fifth month we have been a couple. I won’t tell you how he asked me out because that part of the story has yet to be published on our blog, but I promise you, it is on the way.

Beginning our summer, I was a little nervous as to how often we would see each other since we live about 45 minutes away. But I have to say David and I are extremely blessed in the amount of times we have been able to see each other. We often see each other several times a week. One of our favorite ways to see each other is when it is a surprise. That usually involves one of us driving to the other person’s work and surprising them that way.

Yesterday I did that. I drove to Washington Square and saw David assisting some guests in the store. Being completely, honest… he’s so cute when he works. Seriously. He had been bending down over a computer when the guests left so I went and stood just inches from him. He looked up and the smile that spread across his face is the best look in the world. It is the most genuine, heart warming smiling you could ever imagine.

David made me smile my version of that smile tonight. He worked today from 8:30-5:30 where I worked from 5:00-10:30. It wasn’t exactly the greatest way to spend our 5-month anniversary but we went to the Cheesecake Factory on his lunch break yesterday and he posted half our story on our blog. That’s what I thought we were going to do. Maybe have a Skype conversation once I got off work. Little did I know David was up to something.

I continued to work until one of my coworkers told me that there was someone in the Fitting Room waiting to see me. My stomach dropped as I immediately thought it was David. But then I remembered one of my best friends Laurie (who I work with) was off of work at 8:30 and wanted to say bye for she left. I figured she was the one in the Fitting Room.

I got the best surprise ever when I turned the corner and saw David sitting in the chair smiling at me. I backed up into the wall with my mouth wide open in shock. Luckily for me, I hadn’t taken my break yet so I was able to have 15 minutes with him. He drove an hour to see me for 15 minutes. While we were talking we somehow decided that David should stay two hours until I was off so we could spend a little more time together. Since he doesn’t work until 10:30 tomorrow and had his book with him, he decided he would wait.

When I got off of work we headed back to my house and went upstairs to get some water. As we were standing in the kitchen David looks at me and was like, “let’s go downstairs.” Although he had no water, he said he was just going to get some from our refrigerator down there.

We walked downstairs and I looked at my bedroom door. There was something attached to it. It took me a minute before I realized it was a pink balloon. Even then, I was just going to say, “It looks like there is a balloon on my door.” Then I figured it out. David put the balloon there. I turned around to see him smiling behind me. I immediately threw my arms around him and kissed him before turning on the light and reading the balloon. It read: “I am a good boyfriend. Open door now.”

As I opened the door I saw several other pink and white balloons floating on my ceiling, each with its own number and message. They read as follows:

Balloon 1: Hi Jenny! The first balloon broke :/ but instead of a card these will do :) I (heart) YOU!

Balloon 2: My favorite time we’ve ever had was swimming at midnight in the moonlight on Triangle Lake. You are breathtaking.



Balloon 3: Our nicknames for each other: tulip, cupcake, sweetpea, sillyfish, baby girl, starfish, love, honey bunch, darling, pookie. You make me a better man. I feel strong and weak around you.




Balloon 4: Movies we’ve seen in theaters: Coraline, I love you Man, Night at the Museum 2, Star Trek, Up, Transformers 2. I never liked to smile in pictures. But when you’re around I’m always smiling…and you always have a camera 


Balloon 5: Our first date was at the Spaghetti Factory on February 14, 2009. I love that you wear my sweatshirts (They prefer you to me, guaranteed)



Balloon 6: You love the Disney Channel. I love bacon. Therefore, we do not judge each other. I love how you’re always there for me. Like when I was sad about my parents being gone :)


Balloon 7: We kiss every time… we see a plane landing, we see a VW bus, we see a shooting star, we see each other. You’re literally my best friend. I love your smile and adore your voice.



Balloon 8: Our Songs: “Sit Still”/Brightwood, “Ready”/The Starting Line, “1, 2, 3, 4”/The Plain White T’s. Jen, I love you. Thank you for investing in my love. I am excited for what the Lord has for us. Love, David John Inglis Green. 





Not only were there the nine balloons (the tenth one popped in the writing process), David bought me a dozen, long stemmed, hot pink roses, and had them sitting on my nightstand. He even made my bed for me.

He made me smile tonight.

I am spoiled by his love. But I am unconditionally thankful for him, his love, and our friendship. He is my best friend. He is the love of my life. He’s the reason I smile my most genuine smiles. He drove an hour to surprise me at work, write on balloons and buy me flowers. I wasn’t expecting any of that. I just wanted to hear him say that he loved me and I would have been fine.

But he knew it would make me smile.

As he got in his car to leave, we both got a little sad. Saying goodbye is always the worst part for us, even if it just us saying goodbye on the phone. If we had the option we would be with each other 24/7. However, that time will come someday. He was just about to pull away to begin his drive home when he put his car in park, opened the door and stepped out of his car. He then grabbed me and dipped me backwards as he kissed me in the middle of the street, catching me completely off guard, but clearly in the best way possible.

It’s nights like tonight that leave me speechless. I cannot find the words to do my emotions justice. I am so thankful, happy, giddy, excited, and in love all at the same time. I feel like a little girl with a crush. These are the feelings I have had since the day we met. Not kidding. And since that point in time, they have only gotten stronger. Because of this, I know that he is not just some guy I am dating. He’s not just some summer fling. David is not just some guy. He’s the guy.

So David, I have to say thank you. Thank you for coming to see me at work. Thank you for staying two hours just to see me for a short amount of time. Thank you for the beautiful roses and the amazing balloons. Thank you for being my best friend, the love of my life, and (as of us getting pulled over last weekend…) my partner in crime. I love you so much David. Happy 5-month anniversary and I look forward to many, many, more.

 

All my love,

Jenny

1 comment:

  1. I can honestly say that I have never ever seen David smile in pictures the way that he does when he is with you! :)

    ReplyDelete