Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Weekend Fun

Weekends with David and I are always an adventure. It usually consists of him or I driving to one another’s house and from there going on some sort of adventure. This past weekend, David and decided to drive to my family’s vacation home in Triangle Lake. As of recently, I switched my availability at Target so David and I have been able to spend both Sundays and Mondays with one another.

There is a long-standing joke on my dad’s side of the family that there is always something that goes wrong when someone from my family tries to leave for vacation. If it is not my immediate family then it is my Uncle Mike and Aunt Shelly. Every time. Usually involving a tire or two going out on our motor homes, break failure, transmission problems. You name it, it has probably happened to my immediate family or my aunt and uncle. Seriously.

David and I are officially “Browns.” Well, not literally, but according to the rule of someone from my family running into car problems when we are trying to go on vacation…yeah. We’re officially Browns.

Saturday night I got off work at 10:30 pm, which meant David was already waiting at my house when I got home so we could drive the 2.5 hours to get to the Lake. We packed up my Regal Buick and left town, filled with excitement and anticipation for what the weekend had in store for us. My aunt and uncle were already at the Lake and my parents were in Bend for the weekend.

They had no problems getting to their locations. Which unfortunately meant it was our turn.

As David and I were listening to music, laughing and talking as we drove down I-5S, all of the sudden we head the loudest noise coming from my car. I am so surprised I didn’t scream, slam on my breaks, or drive us off the freeway. David told me to pull over and as we put on the emergency lights, he told me he thought we blew a tire.

He was right.

So there we were. Stranded on I-5S at midnight with no flashlight and no one to call for help. It was just David and I. Praise the Lord David knew what he was doing. Or at least he acted like it. Haha. He looked at the Owner’s Manual and went to work. In the mean time, I was holding his iPhone light so he could see what he was doing. Praise the Lord we’re best friends because we weren’t mad or upset, we were sort of laughing and just anxious to get off the side of the freeway.

David’s facebook status makes me smile really big. As I write this it reads, “David Green learned this last weekend that being a man isn't just knowing how to grill or being romantic, it's also bucking up and changing a tire at 12 am on I 5 south and protecting your girl.”

Sigh. I love him.

However after we left the scene of my tire situation, we kept driving, a little paranoid but still having fun. As we got to Junction City, which is roughly 30 minutes from the Lake, him and I noticed a cop sitting in the parking lot. Two weekends ago we got pulled over (my first time EVER getting pulled over. I was shaking like a mad woman. David was next to me laughing and trying to calm me down). We hadn’t done anything wrong; there was just a small light out that shines on my license plate. Well, as David was driving through JC, we saw a cop sitting in the exact same spot. I turned to David and laughed, “How much do you want to bet that we’ll get pulled over?” Just as I finished saying that the cop pulled out, and seconds later we were greeted with lovely blue and red flashing lights behind us. This time, I was the one laughing. We hadn’t done anything really wrong; we just had forgot to turn off the brights as we came into town. So our 2.5-hour car ride turned into a 4-hour ride to our Lake house.

As we got closer and closer I realized how bad I actually had to go to the bathroom. When we arrived at the lake I jumped out of the car only to find we were locked out. My aunt came out of their motor home holding two sets of keys but no key to let us in. She then had to wake my uncle up so he could help her find the key.

It was 3:00 am.

By the time we had unloaded the car, it was 4:00 am. I flopped down on the futon, David flopped down on the couch and we were out like lights.

Waking up the next morning we were greeted with the lovely sound of three eleven-year-old boys roughhousing. Oh well. David and I had a busy day though. We spent the majority of the time on the boat or in the water. David and I brought our chairs on the dock and after about ten or fifteen minutes, my Uncle asked if I wanted to wakeboard. Of course I said yes, so David as the spotter we went out on the boat for round one. After I went around the lake once, David decided he wanted to water-ski. So we switched places. After we got back to the dock, we spent maybe three or four minutes and all of us were back in the boat to Wakesurf. My uncle went first, next was me, then David, then Erik, then Noelle and finally, Malorie. I was so proud of David for not only waterskiing but also trying to Wakesurf, which he came to really enjoy.




After we returned back to the dock, David and I made some lunch and maybe ten or fifteen minutes after that, all of us (David, Erik, Noelle, Malorie, Jaeden, Carl, Matthew and I) went inner tubing. We took turns in the three person and two person tubes (making five of us able to go at a time). David, Erik and I all piled into the three-person tube which I have to say, was the funniest experience of my life. David and Erik were screaming so loud and so high pitched, that I was sitting next to them gasping for air between my laughing and screaming. It was amazing. The three of us even managed to clear the wake with the tube TWICE. Which is hard to do by yourself in a tube. But when it is three adults in ONE tube. Oh my gosh.

The rest of the day we kind of just laid low. David and I actually ended up falling asleep on two lawn chairs in the shade. We made dinner and had a fire but were both so tired we ended up falling asleep around midnight. Which I guess doesn’t sound too early, but when we started getting ready for bed and stayed up and read for a while around 10:30, it’s huge. Haha :)

We woke up on Sunday and sat on the deck as we ate breakfast (leftover pizza) and admired the glassy water and amazing surroundings of the lake. We are so blessed to have such an amazing place to vacation to.

We spent the day swimming, driving the boat, and just enjoying each others company. It was amazing.


Monday evening we packed up and made our way back through Junction City to stop at Les Shwab. $103 for a new tire we were on our way back home. Rocking out to music and laughing the entire way home. :)

We definitely can't wait for Friday evening. We both have Friday night-Monday night off...any ideas where we plan on spending it? :)

Love you all! Hope you have an amazing week and an even better weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You will be glad that you wrote all this down someday, these are pretty funny memories. Glad to hear that you are okay, despite your many mishaps. :) Miss you, hope to get to hang out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete