Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wow.


Happy 2010! I cannot even believe 2009 has come and gone. It is even weirder to think that we are entering into a new decade! Oh my word. Time flies. I began this decade as a ten year old...that's even weirder. Especially if you put it into perspective of David being a 15 year old when the decade began... hee hee.

It has definitely been an amazing year for the both of us. So much change, but so much of it was for the good!

January was amazing. David and I began our second semester of school at Fox. Two days into the semester we "met" and it was love at first sight.


One of the first pictures we took together (pre-dating)

February David got permission from my father to date me and on February 8, we became "official." :] :] Our first date was the perfect date EVER. David took me to the Old Spaghetti Factory to eat dinner. Then the two of us AMAZINGLY got into Papa Hyden's, a really beautiful dessert place in downtown Portland and took Skyline Road in Beaverton back to look at the city lights at night. After that we drove to the airport and watched the airplanes and eventually went back to his house to watch a movie. It was perfect--surreal, beautiful and perfect. Just like him! :) hee hee.


Old Spaghetti Factory

March-April we finished school, both glad for the upcoming summer months we could spend at my families lake house.


Us in class after taking a test

The summer months were a mix of work and play. Most of the play occurred at Triangle Lake. This summer was complete with inner-tubing, jet skiing, tanning, surfing, swimming, tanning, fishing, canoeing, late night fires, counting stars, and midnight swims. A M A Z I N G.

I am very glad I was able to share that important part of my life with David. The Lake is our favorite place in the world, with special sentimental value for my family and I. It is so much fun to watch David become more and more loved and cherished by not only me, of course, but my entire extended family. David is so special to all of us and my family couldn't be happier for the two of us.


Our favorite place in the world

At the Lake


At the Lake

Because I am an RA at Fox, I was required in August to go on a week long hiking adventure through the Sisters wilderness. It was difficult to summit the middle Sister, eat out of a cup, use a not-so-civilized way to go to the bathroom (no toilet paper either!) and walk a couple miles daily with a 60 pound pack on my back and tendonitis. I did it though, praise the Lord, and wrote David every night. That definitely helped get me through it. It was a very fun and emotional reunion when I got back though. I couldn't stop kissing him!

September marked the start of school, the second year at Fox for both of us. That was fun. It was also David's 24th birthday. I planned a surprise dinner for him at a local resteruant with friends and family. That was a lot of fun! I made him a scavenger hunt to find his presents that I hid all around my room. We were also able to escape to the Lake once more on Labor Day weekend which was a nice little getaway for us. :]

Complete with family-wide water fight and my cousin splitting his knee open to the bone and David carrying him to the motorhome before he had to get stitches. Never a dull moment for the Brown family...

Labor Day

October through December was exciting both of us getting through balancing our classes, work, homework, friends, family, and time spent between God and each other. We were able to make an official date night which occurred every Thursday. SO much fun. We did a number of things including trying new recipes, going out to dinner, watching The Office, late night checkers tournaments, etc. It was amazing.

December 17 was my 20th birthday which David helped to make AMAZING. Unfortunately we had finals but our two last posts covers my birthday celebrations. :) He is incredible.

The end of December David was able to go to his parents house, they now live in Jordan, Minnesota, and spend the holidays with his parents, grandma, brother-in-law, sister, niece, and dog. It was hard to see him go but he had an amazing time and loved spending time with his family, and for that, I couldn't be happier.

Not pictured: Patti :) She was taking the picture.

2010 has brought some fun already. David took me out on New Years Eve to an incredible restaurant, Hayden's Lakeside Grill in Beaverton. It was beautiful. Our seats were perfect and we were able to spend the evening with the other, which was perfect. We even got to stop by our friend Andrew and Tori's and see their new home! As midnight rolled around David and I were at my home. At midnight David even dipped and kissed me, before we each made/received new years eve calls from our families. :)

Yesterday David and I moved him into a new apartment just minutes from Fox. It is a cute little place that he will be sharing with three of our good friends. I can't wait to see how it all goes once everyone is moved in and settled. I am sure those boys will have plenty of stories to share with us all. hee hee.


Well that's our 2009 in short. :)
We can't wait to see what 2010 brings.
With us it is bound to be an adventure...but as always, it's the CUTEST adventure. :)

Blessings to all of you this year.

Jenny*

No comments:

Post a Comment