Thursday, November 11, 2010

Early Morning Excitement

Wow. I am so tired today. I skipped my 7:40 a.m. class this morning, and although I would have liked to stay curled up in bed, I had to come to my work-study job from 9:00 a.m. to noon.

But it is not just a case of the "Thursdays" that has me so tired. Oh no. Instead, David and I had a stranger visit our home last night.

I don't want to go into too many details, but the man never entered our home, the police were called and they took care of it.

Needless to say, I was scared out of my mind and had trouble sleeping. Today, I am carrying my trusty bottle of mace in my pocket, just to be safe.

No bad guys for me today, thanks.

Anyway, school seems to be calming down a bit. We had midterms in October, and now we are on somewhat of the downward slope. A few papers, a few reading assignments, and a couple projects here and there... nothing too crazy.

Summer is looming in the near future though. Only 169 (total) days until my husband and I walk down the stage at graduation and accept our college diplomas. I cannot wait, and I am so proud of us. :)

Every day is just one day closer to freedom from school. :)

I am slightly toying with the idea of going to Grad school, but for now, it is just a thought. That is not necessarily something David and I can afford out-of-pocket, and the idea of taking out another loan sounds awful.

I'll keep you posted on what David and I decide to do. I know education is a good investment, but after 16 years of school in.a.row. I am ready for a break. I joke with my friend Natalie about how it is going to be so nice to just work and then come home. No working+homework+classes+late nights of studying and so on. Nope, work will be work, and when our shift is over, it's over.

:)

*Happy sigh* 169 days.

Speaking of countdowns, I am going to be 21 in 35 days. :) David is in charge of the birthday celebrations for the weekend. I am sure it is going to be eventful. :) 21 is kind of a big deal, you know? :)

Anyway, I should probably get back to work. I am only here for another 15 minutes, then I have to grab some lunch, work on some homework, head to class, come home, and then go to job #2.

169. 169. 169.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Fall blog layout...too cute!! :) I am right there with your countdown for your birthday...that day will be my first official day as a stay at home mommy. :)

    I'm excited for your birthday festivities and hope we can be a part of them at some point. :) I guess I'll have to talk to the event coordinator and see. :) :) XO

    ReplyDelete