Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shutterfly

As a regular blog reader, my sister-in-law Patti is always the first blog I go to. Her blog is really cute, but more than that, I find it insightful. She is ten years older than me and has a lot to offer in terms of life advice, marriage advice, and Christian living. I love her and am so inspired by her.

In a recent post, she wrote about Shutterfly giving away free Christmas cards. I have been thinking about Christmas cards a lot lately, trying to decide if this would be a fun new tradition for my husband and I. We will be celebrating our first Christmas together this year, so we want to start doing all sorts of fun, holiday traditions.

After looking through Shutterfly's collection of 2010 holiday cards, I fell in love with a couple ideas.

Option 1:

STATIONERYCARD_5x7-23046-2747-MERCHLARGE_FRONT-v1281039977000129414.jpg

I love this card!! I think it is super fun with the integration of pictures and colors. My original idea was to include a note saying how David and my first year of marriage is, on top of balancing school and work for both of us, but this would allow us to do this without the extra insert. I would love to include wedding pictures or engagement pictures on here. It is so fun!


Option 2:


STATIONERYCARD_5x7-23046-2401-MERCHLARGE_FRONT-v1281571329000122016.jpg

This option again, incorporates the use of photos and a space for text. I think the black-and-white images are really fun and the colors are a cute integration of holiday flair.


Option 3:

STATIONERYCARD_5x7-23046-1525-MERCHLARGE_FRONT-v1279171034000104773.jpg

I love the Christmas trees on this one!


Option 4:

STATIONERYCARD_5x7-23046-913-MERCHLARGE_FRONT-v127917104100063663.jpg


I think the last two are my favorite of the group, although I love "Option 3". I love the simplicity, but they are cute, modern and would make a gorgeous Christmas card.


Looking forward to my first married holiday season! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Did you go to the website and submit the request? Once you do that, they will email you the requirements and then give you a link to send your post. It was pretty easy. I can't wait to see your DARLING Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Thank you for your sweet words. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete