Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Countdown: 73 days to go!

Wow. Wow. Wow.
Everyday that comes is a day closer to me marrying my best friend in the world.

It is amazing how much fun we have together. I love spending time with David and cherish the time we have.

I went on a staff retreat this weekend so I was gone and the whole time I was wishing David was with me. Not that I didn't have fun, I had a blast, but I like to share in fun adventures and experiences with David. Like I said, he's my BEST friend and I want to do everything with him. :)

Monday (yesterday) was a busy day for both David and I.

I went to classes and such but I called and spoke with our photographer and officially claimed her for our May 7 wedding. Her name is Jennifer Joy. She graduated from Fox last year and is extremely affordable. It is only going to cost us $400 for an all day photo shoot!! Plus, she will give us a CD of our pictures and we will be able to do whatever we want with them. Knowing me I will want about a trillion copies of each for picture frames, a scrapbook, distribution, etc. so I know the prices will add up. However Jen's work is really, really good. Here is a link to her blog that has some of her more recent work: http://jenniferjoystudio.wordpress.com/ and her website: http://jenniferjoystudio.com/Jennifer_Joy_Studio.html.

Anyway so I called and got that figured out, David and I just need to send her back the contract with our deposit and we will be good to go! :)

I also called and spoke with the property manager of an apartment complex here in Newberg. I went and met with her and was able to get an application.

Gosh!! I am so excited to live with David. Eeeeeee :)

While I was off doing that stuff, and working and meetings and stuff, David was being productive too!!

Him and two of his best friends, Max and Andrew, met up and were able to spend some time together, which I am extremely grateful for. I know that that time was really valuable and I am really happy they were able to hang out for a couple hours and catch up.

BUT! They also went to Mr. Formal and got fitted for their suits for the wedding!!!! :) :) :)

David is going to look amazing!! He described what they will look like and I cannot wait to see him at the end of the aisle wearing what they chose. He is my handsome man. :)

After all of that, David and I went and registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond!!! :)

We were able to walk around with one of the managers and choose what we wanted for our home!! It was so much fun!! We loved walking around and envisioning what our home will look like. It was especially fun walking around and saying, "I want this, and this, and this, and this." Haha. Krystle (the lady assisting us) told us to pick anything and everything we could possibly ever want.

We definitely did.

:)

It was really fun too because David and I each got excited about separate things and then got excited over the same things. For example, David was beside himself when we got into crockpots, knives, and our pots and pans.

I was extremely excited for the bedroom sheets, comforter, tables, pillows, etc. and the bathroom stuff.

But the best part was, we were really excited over everything!!

It's starting to become more and more real to us, but definitely still surreal.

I can't believe we are getting married in 73 days!!

Tomorrow we are, weather permitting, getting our engagement pictures taken by Max. His website can be found here: http://www.maxwellmonty.com/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxmichaelmontyphotography/



Friday we are going cake tasting at Lamb's Thriftway. We definitely are excited for this.

I wanted to go dress shopping on Sunday, except both my sisters are unable to make it which is essential to me. I can't go without them. I will have to find a time that works for all of us.


Anyway, we feel like we are making good progress towards our wedding and life afterwords. We cannot wait for it all!! 73 days are going to fly by, it's going to be great, great, great!! :)

Have a great day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment