Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wow!!

It has been such an amazing, fun, crazy last two days. David and I have been busy planning our wedding.

Last night we went home and met with my parents. Well I should clarify, we first played basketball against each other in my driveway. We have played a couple times (I usually win ;) hee hee) and so this was just a great, fun way to start the evening. My parents, David and I ate dinner and were able to just hang out for a bit before we started talking wedding plans.

I love my parents.

We got a ton of great information and a ton of great things to think about. We basically knew we had three main time periods to get married, keeping in mind the SEVEN weddings that are already scheduled for this summer that we will be attending or being apart of. Love is definitely in the air :)

Our only options were May of this year, over Thanksgiving break (when we come home from school. David and I are both graduating next Spring) but that would mean postponing our honeymoon, over Christmas break, or next summer.

All of which are too far away.

Except May.

So, there you have it. David and I will say "I Do" in exactly 11 weeks.

:)


Tonight we met with my cousin Anna, bless her heart, and she helped us figure out what we need to do in order to plan our wedding in that amount of time. Not to mention, she gave us some amazing advice, ideas, and contacts. We seriously owe her BIG time. She even agreed to meet with us a couple more times and help us reevaluate our "game plan" and see exactly what we need to do.

So I bet you are wondering exactly what we have figured out? :) I can't officially say since I have to make a few more phone calls, but as of right now it looks as if we have:

  • Selected our officiant
  • Picked out a venue (praying that our date will be open and okay with them)
  • Our time frame
  • Our colors
  • Our wedding party (I still need to finish figuring mine out)
  • Our DJ
  • Our center-pieces
  • Our tables/chairs/linens/flatware, etc.
  • Our invitations (basic information. We still have to finish figuring these out)
  • A Photographer
  • Our cake vendor (now we just need to test out flavors :) yum)
  • Places we are going to register
  • And possible food ideas
I would say this is pretty good for two nights of work, right?
:)

We still have so much to do but I am loving this. David and I are having so much fun and are so excited that in just a few short weeks we will officially be, Mr. and Mrs. David Green.


:)

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment